I made it through the entire year without being sick, but today, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Oh well. If there is one good thing that comes out of being under the weather, it’s the extra time to do nothing. There is beauty and peace in doing absolutely nothing, and since I enjoy a busy schedule, I usually don’t practice the art of being still. The year is coming to an end, and while stuck at home today I had time to reflect on 2015. I flipped through a few photos on my phone and on Facebook to help remind me of the new friends I’ve met, new places I’ve been, and all that’s happened throughout the course of the year.
Related to that, we’ve had some exciting developments with this blog over the past year. New companies to work with, a new design, and tons of new recipes. While reflecting on 2015, I compiled a list of my favorite recipes we posted this year. Drumroll please! In no particular order, they are:
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches: Crispy, gooey, melty, delicious grilled cheese sandwiches with a little kick of heat
- Key Lime Meringue Pie: Zesty and light as a feather
- Pull-Apart Pizza Bread: The perfect dish to serve at your next potluck
- Slow Cooker Tikka Masala: An easy dish to feed a crowd
- Southwestern Soup: A weeknight go-to meal with chicken, beans, peppers, and more
- Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Loaves: Chocolatey autumnal loaves that are the perfect size to give as gifts
- Red Beans and Rice: Creamy, rich beans and spicy sausage make this dish a healthy hit in our house
- Chocolate Raspberry Whoopie Pies: Chocolate cake paired with a sweet fruity filling makes these desserts irresistible
- Candy Bar Blondies: What makes a basic blondie recipe even better? Oreos and peanut butter cups, of course.
This list makes me excited to think about the recipes we’ll create in the coming new year! As always, Neil and I are thankful that you’ve stuck with us for another year. Some of you readers are our family, others we’ve never met before. No matter how long you’ve followed this blog, we hope you enjoy our posts as we continue to imagine, create, and share recipes from our corner of the world. We wish you and your family a very happy New Year! Cheers!